Monday 28 April 2014

ASN 10 Week Challenge update #14 - On the home stretch!!!

Holy Moly!!! Who would've thought that I'd be sitting here blogging 1 week out from 'Official' finish date!! Wow... felt like yesterday that I was deciding whether to blog about it at all!! Well, I can say, that I'm totally glad I did!!! And so happy that most of you have all stuck with me from the First update!

So I've worked out that there will be another 2 posts after this one. Yay!? I think! ;P As the challenge officially finishes on Monday the 5th of May (next Monday), My 'After' photos are not due until the 11th May! (almost 7 days after)... Which means I can smash out almost another week to see how far we can get :) I am thinking that I will take the 'After' photos on Friday 9th! So that's almost another week that I can blog about if you are all up for an extra post... and the 'Final' result! Pressure much??

So, last week we 'dealt' with Easter and probably not in the best way that I could have, but It's behind me now! Back on the right track :)

Tuesday, fasted walk :)
Tues photo 274t_zpsc2c3e572.jpg

Then Teagie came over for a workout! I changed it up a little! We did 1/2 hour of upper body! As heavy as we could manage. Then smashed out a 1/2 Hiit session! First 'Real' cardio Teags has done since her surgery! Hence the reason she looks a little 'buggered' and had the feeling of either 'passing out' or 'vomiting'! LOL..... After something to eat and some water, she was feeling a little better! Love you Teags :)

Superset Weights Workout was:

BB Bicep Curls
BB Back Rows
Sitting Chest Press
Skull Crushers
BB Upright Row

Followed up with a Hiit session! 8 rounds of each exercise. 45 seconds on and 15 seconds rest!

Jump Squat to Chin-up
Single Leg Step-ups
Pendulum Swings with Double Jump
Tues photo 275t_zpse4961454.jpg

Dinner was Chicken rissoles topped with grilled Zucchinni and greens on the side :)
Tues photo 276t_zps8e221c78.jpg


On Wednesday, I had planned a fasted walk but for some reason my body allowed me to sleep past 5am... right through to after 6.30!! So I had to skip the fasted cardio this morning so I was on time for school drop off! Teags couldn't make it over for a workout cause Lucie wasn't feeling well :( But Shann joined me for some Back, Bums and Abs!!! 'Building a Bootie' is such hard work! Not sure i've made any progress! I guess measurements on Monday will tell me :)

DB Single Back Rows
DB Sitting Reverse Fly's

Lat Pulldowns
Leg Raisers

Sitting Cable Back Row
Weighted Sit ups

Donkey Kicks
Weighted Oblique Twists

Weighted Bridges
Crunches


After my workout, Adam and I headed up to check out the new 'Hoggies' to celebrate our 14 year anniversary :) I wish I could have ordered Steak and Prawns with curly fries and then a Sundae for dessert but... I ordered the Lite cut Prime rib with steamed veges! No dessert :(

Finished off Wednesday Arv with a Hiit session at Get Fit Gladstone.

Picture of my 'boring' Lunch and dinner.... Which was Turkey mince with parsnip and cauliflower mash and greens :)
Wed photo 277w_zpse2e5404a.jpg


Thursday - PT was a little bit of Chest and some cardio :)

Lunch was left over dinner from the night before! And One of my snacks. Cucumber, spinach and chicken.
Thurs photo 279t_zps96bcf94b.jpg

Some 'selfies' from Thursday. (Seriously... who doesn't love a selfie?) After PT, Do I have to go shopping?, and off to Punchfit!
Thurs photo 278t_zpsb3ed84f4.jpg


Friday, Fasted walk. Stuggle street! And, really, who can blame me.... look at the motivational pics that I have up on the wall in front of the treadmill!? Really.... I need to give it a make over or install a TV!
Fri photo 282f_zps44c59b3c.jpg

Quick Back, Biceps, legs and Abs for this morning before heading off to the Marina with the kids and Teags for a Picnic! I made myself a Chicken salad to take with me! Beautiful day :)
Fri photo 284f_zps616ad439.jpg

This wasn't one of my snacks today, but it was one of Lilli's! Healthy, and she loves it! Just thought I'd share in case any Mum's are struggling with healthy snack for their kids. Apple slices with peanut butter.
Fri photo 283f_zps0746a3bf.jpg

It's 'Flex it Friday!' Altough I haven't got a lot of 'popping' muscles! I thought I'd share some of my Upper body 'flexing'!
Fri photo 280f_zpsd17f4574.jpg

Fri photo 281f_zps853ca4cb.jpg


Uncle Ray was my baby sitter for my 'Outside' morning walk on Saturday!
Sat photo 285s_zps91006369.jpg

Legs, Bum and Ab's session downstairs:)

I am so happy that Lilli finds keeping heathy and fit, FUN! She has been nagging me for weeks to go to the 'Exercise' park! So we spent some of Saturday at the Lions park.. In the Exercise park!
Sat photo 287s_zpsc4d7be35.jpg

Sat photo 288s_zps4761f4a0.jpg

Chin up time!
Sat photo 286s_zps5577acd8.jpg

Sat photo 289s_zpsf96abd0a.jpg

So... here's something exciting!!! Do you all remember that one of my Original goals at the start was to do 1 un-assisted pull up!?? Well.... I think I did it!!! I have video proof and I tried to upload it here but it didn't happen so you can check it out on facebook!

Saturday arv... I smashed out a Hiit session by myself :( Kinda like having company to keep my motivated and sometimes Lilli yelling 'One more round' isn't exeactly what I need ;P

Exercises were:
Boxing bag
Toe Taps on a stool
10 Bicylce crunches / 10 Ankles taps

Followed up with a Pumpkin and Chicken soup for dinner!
Sat photo 290s_zpsa94360af.jpg


Sunday was REST day although I really felt like doing something but i didn't!

Snack and Lunch :)
Sun photo 291sun_zps0871bed4.jpg

Then, spent the rest of the day hangin out with Lilli. Bit of Trampoline fun! Holy Moly.. doesn't that get the heart rate up ;P
Sun photo 292sun_zps66fb4d6e.jpg

Oven baked fish and greens for dinner :) Followed up with a 'Stress Less' green tea to stop those sweet cravings!
Sun photo 293sun_zpsb7bd5c02.jpg


So here we are... Monday - Again! Blogging! Just finished PT and weigh in! I am, well, completely shattered and dissapointed in myself! The 'Easter' showed! (A day of eating not much else but Chocolate). I'm going to be honest with you all again... cause, really, whats the point in 'fibbing'! A while ago, I worked out that as much as you say you've done the right thing, If you haven't.... It will show :( I have been a binge eater since I can remember! I used to think that If I eat one thing 'bad' then...... 'That's it, I've ruined the whole day! I'll just eat everything that I want and start again tomorrow!' Nope, not true! I know it's hard, believe me! Easter Sunday.... something came over me and I felt 'that' person coming out! (The one that want's to eat everything). I can't really tell you why... I'm not sure! I think I was concentrating to hard on the 'End' result and It freaked me out a little and the fact that it's the 1 day a year that it's 'acceptable' to each chocolate all day!? What if that 'after' photo isn't as good as I expected? At least If I 'binged' so close to the finish I'd have a 'reason'!? I think it's called 'Self-sabotaging'! I can honestly say, that this is the first time in a very long time that I had felt like that :(

The food that is in my house, has dramatically changed in the last 18 mths! Sure, Lilli still has some 'not-so-good' snacks that go to school with her but other than that, it's pretty 'clean'! Which makes it's easier for all of us to eat 'Healthy'! So feeling like I did on Easter Sunday and having all that chocolate in the house was too much for me to handle! (Really.... I should have just sucked it up and not done it.) Needless to say that the day of Chocolate was a huge mistake and I regret every minute of it :( In having said that If I keep thinking about it, it will get me down so, I'm sure you'd all agree that we just 'get on with it'! I know that I have 'Motivated and Inspired' a few others! But sometimes I think I need be inspired and motivated myself :) I think I'll spend this week focusing on 'Me'! And instead of promising everyone else that I will do well.... I'm going to make a promise to myself :)

See you all next week!






No comments:

Hellooooo...

Welcome to the personal photo blog of Lisa Burston.

Lisa is a 20-something up and coming awesome photographer, mum to the amazing Lilli Grace, and super assistant to Nikki at IPQ Art.