Sunday 6 April 2014

ASN 10 week Challenge Update #11 - 4 weeks to go! Bring it on!

Arrrhhhhh Sunday again! They come around all too quickly :p And I bet 'some' of you didn't think I was going to make the blog post again! ;P Well.... Its here! Yay!

So we are officially on 'School Holidays'! Yay for not having to pack lunches every day and not having to do the school run every Morning and Afternoon! But..... something is telling me I am going to be completely sick of play 'Schools', reading books, doing puzzles and playing Barbies by the end of this 2 weeks!

So last blog post I left you on a 'High' with ALL but 1 of my goals being accomplished! This week, well.... some ups and a few too many 'downs'! This week I have learnt something quite valuable that I'd like to share... When doing something like this, you need to have goals (which I did), and then you need to have 'Back up Goals' (incase you actually smash those first goals out of the park) :) This week I came a little 'unstuck' and I know it is because, for a long time I have been working towards those goals, thinking I'd never get 'there'. And when I realised that I was 'There', there was 'nothing' I was actually working towards! Do you kinda get where I'm going????? I hope so! In the short story.... When you get close to those original goals you had set... sit down and make some new ones!!! Trust me, you will be happy you did! Needless to say that this week I will be doing some re-assessing and hard thinking about what I am working towards and what my long term goals might be :)

Below is a pic of my weight and measurements from 18 Mths ago and one of where I am right now :) It CAN be done....
Mon photo 205mo_zps08576659.jpg

So... Monday, after PT, I was feeling on top of the world for reaching a very long awaited 20kg loss.... I headed to lunch with Mum, Teags and a Friend. Still ordering the 'normal'! Salmon with a fennel and rocket salad. Was pretty yum!
Mon photo 205m_zps85364906.jpg

Off to Punchfit in my new pink top :) If I could just buy workout clothes everyday of my life, I'd be super happy ;P Thanks Rikki-Lee for this cute comfy tank!
Mon photo 203m_zps01f1a58a.jpg

Mum also came over to stay for the week.... So I could 'teach' her that eating food is actually quite good for you!!! That she doesn't have to live on shakes and work her arse off at the gym!

Her first 'test', Turkey mince stiry fry. She loved it!
Mon photo 204m_zpse48ef099.jpg


So Tuesday Morning I got up and woke Mum up for some (bootcamp) fasted cardio. Downstairs for 15 min treadmill walk and 15 min bike ride :) Followed up with a healthy breakfast that she actually quite enjoyed ;P

I cleaned out my workout drawer... Yes, you heard correctly 'Cleaned it out' and I still can not shut the drawer!
Tues photo 207t_zps4278581c.jpg

As my PT, Stacy is away in Melbourne having an awesome time, she did my workouts up for the week... so Tuesday was Chest and Triceps that was pushed into the afternoon as I was off to the Chiro in the morning. Mum joined in and Lilli asked her why she 'Looked so funny'? We were unsure as to what she meant.... 'Because you are sweating Mama!' LOL.... Must of had her working in overdrive ;P
Tues photo 206tjpg_zps9f9537f6.jpg

No photos, but Kanga burgers for dinner with steamed greens and to her surprise, Mum actually finished her whole meal and really enjoyed it. I decided not to sing the 'Skippy' theme song while she ate ;P


Wednesday, Mum and I went for a walk 'outside'! Nice change from the treadmill. And I managed to not 'pause' the Lorna Jane app this time ;P
Wed photo 208w_zpse0c92a27.jpg

School drop off and back home for some weights! I switched Back and Biceps to Wednesday cause I had planned Legs for Thursday!
Wed photo 209w_zpse7a520ab.jpg

Off to pick up this munchkin while her Mummy had an appointment! What better way to keep her happy than the Icing from a cupcake! (Yep, JUST the icing) which is a little bit of a tease as Aunty Lis is sitting there with her skinny flat white staring at that Vanilla cupcake that we are just going to chuck in the bin! At this stage.... willpower won and in the bin it went!
Wed photo 210w_zps1c8e7c99.jpg

After doing what I had to, it was almost time to get Lilli but not quite enough to head home and do anything. So I stopped in at Nan and Grandads for a visit! Thank god the cafe still had a salad left over!
Wed photo 211wedn_zps3f83a7a9.jpg

Oh no!!!! This was the start of my 'unstuckness'! Lilli was 'lucky' enough to recieve some little easter gifts from classmates. Shit, why couldn't it have been CARROTS!?
Wed photo 211w_zps1dcab20c.jpg

Dinner on Wednesday was coconut chicken curry and steamed greens! It is always yummy and one of my favourite meals! Recipe below:

500 Grams Organic Chicken Breast
Can of Organic Banaban Coconut Cream
2 tsp of Chicken Stock
2 tsp Organic Curry paste (This is up to you - how 'hot' you want your curry - I use an massaman base)

Whisk all cream, stock and curry paste together. Pour into frypan, ALMOST bring to the boil, put in chicken, reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Doesn't take long to 'poach' the chicken. Turn chicken over once during the simmer. The sauce will be quite runny, so you can reduce it by removing the cover or adding a little cornflour/almond meal. Personally, I like it a little 'runny'! Serve with steamed greens and/or Brown rice.
Wed photo 211we_zps3c3a54b5.jpg

After dinner I always struggle with something 'sweet'! Normally I have a green tea and be done with it, sometimes a small 'chunk' of a quest protein bar... and ocassionally 1/2 of a Choc protein brownie from ASN! OMG.... amazing! But as I said, ocassionally! Well..... Green tea didn't cut it tonight, possibly because I knew Lilli had easter eggs in the cupboard from school! Really?? Who am I trying to kid... of course it was because I knew they were there! I'll say no more....

This was probably my face when I was having a battle in my head of 'Eat those Easter eggs / DO NOT eat those Easter eggs'
Wed photo 211wed_zps4740dbf3.jpg


Thursday.... Whole school 'Beep off'!! Lilli wasnt to concerned about beating the 'beep'.... She was just having some fun! Parents were allowed to participate and I was asked by a few if I was going too.... But Leg session coming up when I left school so I need all I could to get through, hence the reason I didn't participate ;P
Thurs photo 212t_zps03942c3a.jpg

Lucas, on the other hand, had his shoes off and he was on a mission to do well! He did.... he came 2nd out of all the grade 1's! He was so puffed but we were so proud of him :)
Before the 'Beeps'
Thurs photo 213t_zps1122d8d5.jpg

Lunch... I filled my wholemeal wrap that much it split! LOL..... yeah, I am allowed to fill it that much!
Thurs photo 214t_zpsd805f87d.jpg

Thursday night..... Normally Punchfit, but Stace being away, no sessions for 1 1/2 weeks! So some of us girls got together and came up with our own little 'boxing' session! I LOVE 'routine'! We did pretty good too :)

Can't remember what dinner was :( All I remember was more freaking EASTER EGGS!!!! Willpower, where did you go!?


Friday - fasted walk for 45 mins and a dodgy 2 week progress snap (showing a very small difference from the 4 weeks shot), some breakfast and then the normal morning routine before the day went 'wonky'!
Fri photo 217f_zps7eb63dbd.jpg
Fri photo 216f_zpsa62ee4f9.jpg
Fri photo 218f_zps588cffe1.jpg

School 'Wet day'! Was so much fun for the kids and us Mum's that stayed to watch. Fris photo 215f_zps78fddbea.jpg

I ate my morning tea way too early @ 9am - I usually push it out to 10 ish or after. Then nothing til after I left and was waiting at an appt when I thought it would run late, I dashed to the car for back up Almonds at 1pm (yep, 4 hours without anything). Not a good thing. The nuts didn't even make a dent in my grumbling stomach. I was cranky at myself as I am usually more organised than this. So now knowing my appt wouldn't be done until 2... I ran across the road, grabbed some sushi. (Not terrible, but not too good after the easter egg episode)! From that point on, I was just hungry and craving anything :( Friday afternoon was crap! I felt crap, I ate 'crap'! No one could have been more dissapointed in me than myself....

So leaving Friday where it had finished and realising that I need to make some changes and think about some new goals, brings us to Saturday :) So, off for a fresh 5km morning walk outside... Clearing the head and thinking of what I want from all this hard work...... (stay tuned, as it's a difficult process) ;P
Sat photo 219s_zps490aefcb.jpg

Breakfast, Buckweat cereal (yeah, it's in there under that protein shake) with crushed almonds and seeds.
Sat photo 220s_zpse8840890.jpg

Back downstairs for a quick Shoulders and Abs workout (as we had BAM plans for the afternoon). 35 mins - 250 Calories, Not a bad effort ;P

Morning tea, rice thins and avocado.
Sat photo 221s_zps4c823c2b.jpg

Lunch, Chicken, Feta and Walnut salad. With an XT50 iced tea :)
Sat photo 220sa_zps2224070b.jpg

Off to the Markets for some 'timeout'! And a new bracelet! I think i've earned it ;P
 photo 222s_zps306dde1a.jpg

And although both Lilli and Lucie lost their marbles and had a tantrum when we left... I think it's just what I needed :) I am the happiest I have been in a very long time and sometimes I just need to slow down and see where I have come from and where I am right now :)

Lilli and I have been a team of 2 at nights for about 3 whole weeks now with Adam being on Shutdown .... and after a big Saturday, A Chicken, and green veg omlette seemed like a great idea :) And wait for it.... all back on track, a green tea to finish off the night and we were in bed by 7.30 (lame, I know) but it's been a busy week and we both needed an extra few hours sleep!
Sat photo 220sat_zpsb40867f0.jpg


So, here, we are Sunday.... REST day! (And I have a sore foot) so I really had to rest, although I wont lie, I almost went for a run! But I know, I know.... If I don't rest, i'll be out for longer ;P

Lilli and I had a 'Girly' day while Daddy slept off his last night shift (Yay... I may have just lost my shit, if it went for too much longer)! A visit with Nan and Grandad for the Sunday brunch then off to see Teagie at Jay Jays, 'Mummy' tried on some new clothes, as I am currently juggling 3 pairs of shorts that actually fit me. And we had a win.... currently sitting at a size 10! Haven't been there since I was about 16!

Lilli had a milkshake and cookie at Jamacia Blue, Mummy, a flat white :) Then over to Kmart and got a couple of winter bargains for Miss Lilli, before a few groceries and home for a relaxing afternoon, oh and to spend 2 hrs blogging of course ;P

Lunch was a little late... But not 4hrs late ;p Red cabbage, Beetroot, feta, spinach and Chicken salad. With 10 almonds.
Sun photo 223sun_zps940eefd9.jpg

Afternoon tea, feeling like something sweet (whats new?) So a greek yoghurt, 1 pumpkin crunch bite, crushed up and 1/2 a choc fudge protein bar chopped! Yummo!!!
Sun photo 224sun_zpsdb47891a.jpg


Hope you have all had a great weekend and have an even better 1st week of the holidays! We are off to the movies tomorrow so, I'll be smuggling in my almonds for morning tea!

Remember... If you have a 'big goal' please, please, please follow it up with a couple of little ones for when you get that big one and don't know what to do with it!

Once, again... thanks for the continued support and to those who religiously follow me.. You are the reason I am still here!






No comments:

Hellooooo...

Welcome to the personal photo blog of Lisa Burston.

Lisa is a 20-something up and coming awesome photographer, mum to the amazing Lilli Grace, and super assistant to Nikki at IPQ Art.