Tuesday 6 May 2014

ASN 10 Week challenge update #15 - 'Officially' finished !!!

Can you really believe it?? Like really!!! I have just finished the 10 week ASN Challenge. And sure.. I've had my 'downs' through the 10 weeks but on a whole, I think I've done a pretty good job :)

There will be 1 more blog update that will feature the final 'Weight and Measurements' and the highly anticipated "AFTER" image! Are you all excited? I hope so :) I'm sure thats why half of you are really sticking around (not because you find my food pics interesting). The photo will be taken either Thursday or Friday this week as it isn't officially due until the 11th :) So lets finish these next 4 days off strong!

And again, we are blogging on a Tuesday! And proudly brought to you by the comforts of Teagie's (my Sister) computer room and iMac! As my computer, ever so conveniently has had a meltdown and freezes every time I open it!!! Freaking awesome, right?! Nope, not so much :( I'm having all sorts of anxiety attacks right now!! Mainly as I am a photographer and my files are full of memories you just can't get back :( I am hoping that the little external hard drive has all my files back up ever so nicely! I am hoping it is fixable and will be as good as new before the final blog is due! And if not.... well, I'll quite possibly be $2000 poorer!

So.... When I signed off last Monday.. It actually took all my might not to 'de-activate' my ASN Challenge posts! I was not in the right mindset (The previous week had played heavy on my mind and just life in general). But, really, who was that going to help!? No one and it was all of you that kept me from doing it! I know I have a fair few followers that read every week (some, that actually stalk my page, for the link on a Sunday)! And then quite surprisingly, some that I never thought would read, that have seen me out and commented on how they love to read my blog :) So.. I realised that just because I was having a 'meltdown' didn't mean that I had to take away one thing that may have kept YOU motivated, committed or continuing on your journey (whatever that may be)!

Anyway... Lets get last week 'Blogged'! (Thank god I got the images edited and uploaded to the internet before the iMac had a tantrum)!

As we all know, I had quite a shit week when I last blogged and struggled to the point of 'Giving up'! But something in me, just pushed through! :) It's in all of us, I have no doubt. But this message that I received was a clear reminder to me, why I do what I do and keep living my life as healthy as I can. I read and re-read it all week and I still read it every time I have a 'moment'!

And a reminder of my goals to 'Inspire'!
Mon photo 295m_zpsa9a14f87.jpg

Monday breakfast! My fave.. Banana protein pancakes.
 photo 294mon_zpsaca66806.jpg

PT done and dusted (Although it was a teary session)... Home for a healthy lunch :) Need to stay motivated even after a set back.
Mon photo 296m_zpsdc442c55.jpg

Finished off Monday as per usual with a Punchfit session at Get Fit Gladstone :)


Tuesday stared with the normal fasted treadmill walk and some 'Inspirational' breakfast! Sometimes you just gotta 'Believe' in yourself!
Tues photo 298t_zpse3b4e9b7.jpg

Another one of Lilli's meals! Breakfast with a 'twist'!
Tues photo 297t_zpsb17378ea.jpg

Morning session was 1/2 upper body weights and then 1/2 Hiit! Nothing like smashing out a bit of cardio to get the heart pumping ;P

Bicep Curls
Back Rows

Chest Press
Tricep Pulldowns

Lat raisers
Crunches

Hiit - 45 Secs on and 15 secs rest x 8 rounds per each exercise!
10 Jump Squats/10 Pulsing Squats
10 Star Jumps/20 Butt kicks
Boxing - 20 Jab cross/20 Uppers/20 Hooks

Afternoon tea....
Tues photo 299t_zps243951be.jpg

Tuesday night, Lilli was being a little 'difficult'! And at the moment, it doesn't take much for me to 'Loose my shit'! Needless to say... I was a little 'cranky'! And as it turns out, very proud, but sad at the same time.

Below is a conversation that Lilli had with Mama (my Mum)
Mama: Did Mummy get cranky at you tonight?
Lilli: Um, not really, A little bit.
Mama: I'm sure she didn't mean too.
Lilli: It's ok Mama, I know she's busy... She has the ASN Challenge, Blogging to do, housework and Edit some photos. I understand!

Seriously, she's 5 and has a heart of gold.... for her to say that, I was so proud of how she has grown up but also 'stabbed in the heart' at her little words that shows she loves me and supports her Mummy in anything I do even if it means that I am a mean, crazy nutcase sometimes. I love her more that I can explain, even though a lot of the time I really suck at being a Mum!


Fasted cardio began Wednesday for me :)

And some Back, Biceps, Bum and Abs! Still trying to 'Build a bootie'! It will come, it will come!

After our workout... Teags and I were on a mission to get my hair looking a little tidier for the After photos! Pain is beauty, right!?
Wed photo 300w_zpsacd57931.jpg

Wednesday Arv is usually a Hiit session with Stacy... I was all sorted for Adam and Lilli to drop me off before their bike ride and walk with Ella down at the Marina.

Lilli: Mummy, do you really have to go to Hiit? Can you just come for a walk with us!

Again... Broke my heart and I felt like 'Mother of the year', NOT! It was the slowest 2kms I've walked but it was worth it to see her enjoying her bike ride and as a Family! See I'm not such a bitch after all! I guess we take for granted the most important people in our lives and just sometimes we need to remember.. they are the ones that'll be there through everything! So make 'Time' to share your 'Time' with the ones you LOVE :) You will enjoy it and they DESERVE it!
Wed photo 301w_zps23378293.jpg
Wed photo 302w_zpsaced92af.jpg

Love my coconut curry chicken so much, I almost ate it all before I could take a photo ;P
Wed photo 303w_zps0961191f.jpg


Was feeling a little 'drained' on Thursday... But nothing a 'Super' smoothie and some good carbs couldn't fix! So in the blender went, 1/2 banana, protein powder, blueberries, ice, water and a handful of spinach! Wizz it up and down it goes! Yummo! A piece of wholemeal toast with ABC spread on the side :)

Feeling much better at PT on Thursday morning... even the scales were feeling my 'better-ness'! :)

Home for lunch (Left overs from dinner)

Thurs photo 304t_zps8daeaee0.jpg

Off to Boxing to finish off Thursday :)


Friday, off to Yeppoon, to drop off my 'old' gym to my Sister (I have no doubt it will get some love)! But off for a fasted walk to start the day :) Followed by a yummy breakfast!
Fri photo 305f_zpsb26f3eb4.jpg

Then, on the road, but not without a prepped 'food bag'! Stopped in at Boost juice for a 'Vegie Garden' lean Green smoothie to go with my boiled egg!
Fri photo 306f_zpsf52fcf99.jpg

LOVE that my Family is so supportive of my journey!! This is what I was greeted with when I got to Kylie's! Thank you so much!
Fri photo 307f_zps876ac79f.jpg

After lunch we got the 'new' gym set up for Kylie.... And really, how can you not try it out!! ;P So we smashed out a full body weights session, finished off with some cardio boxing!! And a couple more chin ups by me!!! I have another video for proof but you are all probably sick of seeing me do chin ups now! Kylie, you did awesome although you felt like you wanted to spew and probably hated me right at that moment! :)
Fri photo 308f_zpsc8874879.jpg
Fri photo 309f_zpse2851bbe.jpg

Friday night we headed to the Yeppoon tavern for a Cheat meal!! Crispy skinned Salmon on a bed of mashed sweet potato! It was so yummy!
Fri photo 310f_zps84fdb163.jpg


Up nice and early for the Farmers Markets!! I love me some fresh fruit and vege! Even at 10 degrees at 6.30am on Saturday morning!
Sat photo 311s_zps129c780b.jpg

At Easter, I asked Kylie to go to Kaboozies and get me some limited edition handmade Easter chocolates for a cheat meal when I finish the challenge :) This little bag contains so much goodness.... almost can't contain myself ;P And yes, It has been in my fridge for 4 days now and not one craving! I have only one thing on my mind right now and that is the AFTER photos!
Sat photo 311sat_zps76b21684.jpg

Feeling absolutely exhausted today! Really flat, so rice cakes for lunch... Tried out my yummy yellow egg tomatoes that I got from the markets! So sweet :)
Sat photo 312s_zps4b7ab08a.jpg

Had to head home early so I could make it to the FINAL ASN Challenge Bootcamp! Its kinda sad that it was the last one! But Cross Fit Gladstone along with ASN Gladstone didn't disappoint!!! We had to team up with another person to smash out the session they had planned!!! I was lucky enough to pair up with the lovely Tamara Murphy from The Ultimate Body! This just made me push and work so much harder!!! Who wants to 'fail' while partnered up with a Personal Trainer! OMG!!! It was a tough but awesomely fun session! Thanks Tamara for being my partner :)
Sat photo 313s_zpsea30f567.jpg

Home for some dinner before heading off to Charmaine Wilson on Saturday night with some 'specials'! Had a lovely night out, could have easily finished it off with a coffee and cake but headed home instead!
Sat photo 314s_zps6be94a01.jpg
Sat photo 315s_zpsda7ea652.jpg


Sunday - What the hell?! It's not Winter yet, is it!? I LOVE Winter! Well, that was until I realised that I HAVE to get out of bed and get dressed every morning as I have a Preppy and she has to go to school... cold or not! So, I have revised my love of Winter and I prefer Autumn!

So on this chilly morning, I tried out my new muesli and yoghurt that I got from Lilly Pilly Organics while burning a new smell from my fave shop 'Karma Kandles'! It just 'worked' this morning!
Sun photo 316sun_zps6fb6f9cb.jpg

Bloody kids Birthday parties.... They'll be the death of me! ;P All those lollies and party food! Aside from me, and my willpower.. the kids had a great time! Thanks for the invite Sarra... And we hope Dayenara had a wonderful day!
Sun photo 318sun_zps25adca0d.jpg
Sun photo 317sun_zpsc5a6b6c7.jpg
 photo 319sun_zpsdb8fd175.jpg

Sundays.... Its rest day! Ummm..... Nope, not today! I just had this urge to do a workout! And we all know how much I rely on my Polar heart rate monitor!!! Well.... It died (flat battery)! OMG, it almost made me give up and not finish! LOL.... But I just powered on and finished off another Full body session!
 photo 320sun_zps763bce36.jpg

Sunday dinner was Chicken mince 'Bubble and squeak' with greens!
 photo 321sun_zpsb7b2b840.jpg


This brings us to Monday again!!! And.... As my silly computer has shit itself! I don't have any pics for yesterday so I will catch up next blog post :)

I hope you all enjoyed today post and I am sure you will all be waiting the FINAL post! Stay tuned.... It could be worth it :)



No comments:

Hellooooo...

Welcome to the personal photo blog of Lisa Burston.

Lisa is a 20-something up and coming awesome photographer, mum to the amazing Lilli Grace, and super assistant to Nikki at IPQ Art.