Saturday 17 May 2014

Come away with me - 1 week post challenge :)

Hey Everyone!! Fancy seeing you all back here so quickly after the challenge finished! Just couldn't keep away could you? ;P

More like, I couldn't stop taking pics (stuck in challenge mode)!

So... Challenge over, heading to the Gold Coast for a few days to pick up a new car and maybe just 'relax'! Nope, no such thing ;P So are you ready to come away with me? Well, first we have to get through Mother Days and a trip to the hospital (and I took myself)!

Anyway, During Saturday night I woke up with a little tingly feeling in the side of my face... I thought it was pins and needles, you know, cause you can sleep on the side of your face wrong? Right? Nope, not right! LOL.... I didn't think anything of it! Sunday morning (Happy Mothers Day!) I woke with the same feeling in my face, felt my head and I could feel a lump...

Me: Adam, can you turn the light on?
Adam: Errr, What's wrong?
Me: Can you see a lump on my forehead?
Adam: Yeah, kinda.
Me: What does it look like?
Adam: Ummmm, a blind pimple.

WTF!!! Are you kidding me, If that was a blind pimple, it was a freaking huge one!! Anyway, I went back to sleep for a little bit, when I woke up it was bigger and more painful! I'm like, Adam, I'm going to the hospital! (It's ok, I'll take myself, on Mothers Day!, It's cool.... you just have a sleep in!) Something wrong with the 'picture' I think! So off to the hospital! 2 Doctors later they weren't still 100% but diagnosed me with SHINGLES!! I was freaking out.... Is it contagious? Can I still fly tomorrow? What is it? Where did I get it? Why is it painful? What do I do?

So Shingles is left over Chicken Pox virus! I'm one of the 'Lucky' ones that decided just to hold onto a bit of the virus and store it in the nervous system at the back of my neck :) Told ya... Lucky huh? Apparently it 'takes over' when your immune system is low or if you are stressed! Me... Stressed, low immune system? Nah, no way ;P (Well, maybe a little) The last week of the challenge was a little stressful.

It's not 'Contagious' to the everyday 'healthy' person! If you've had Chicken Pox, you are even safer!! It rarely 'targets' kids! Mainly adults! But 'You need to stay away from Pregnant ladies' ARRGGHHHHHH... I'm a Maternity/Newborn photographer! Who just so happened to have a Maternity session booked for Friday!! (Apprentice Teagan, did a great job covering for me tho! Thank you so so much! Hope you enjoyed it!)

Normally, not dangerous... But, I don't do things by halves.... As mine was in the nervous track close to my eye and head, it could attack my sight or tissue in the eye! So 'We'll need to put this orange dye in your eye and 'sweep' it just to make sure it hasn't damaged anything, And then you will be safe to fly tomorrow'! All good! No damage.

So it turns out that it was definately shingles and I caught it early with the antibiotics... and while it blistered and peeled and was red and gross, it was a bearable sting/burn! Not as painful as expected :) Thank goodness I am a 'Headband' kinda gal!

Sunday morning :) NOT a 'Blind Pimple'!
 photo 342s_zps99c79367.jpg

Back home to some very cool Mummy's day presents and cuddles from this little muchkin! Love you Lilli... Thanks for my gifts :)
Sun photo 343s_zps7b2277a3.jpg

So, with the challenge 'over' I did have a few days of 'relaxed' meals.. meaning I wasn't having as much protein and greens as my body has been used to, so when I got home from the hospital I cooked up some yummy Grass fed beef sausage (Lilly Pilly Organics in Yeppoon) and greens for Lunch! Get this immune system back up where it normally is :)
Sun photo 344s_zpsfdb99431.jpg

And do you remember, I said that I was going to get Adam to hide my shoes so I could have a rest day on Sunday?? Well.... I was freaking out that I was going to miss a workout while I was away.. so... Me and my burning head full of 'shingles' headed downstairs and did a quick Legs, Bums and Tums session!! I know, I know.... REST, they said!!! I only did 40 mins!

Dinner was my yummy Coconut Curry poached Chicken breast and Veg :)
Sun photo 345s_zpsd9b9eb11.jpg


Monday.... (My joggers were already packed ready to go thanks to Adam, thinking that I'd give my morning walk a miss).. Um, does he not know I have another 2 pairs of shoes ;P

So, I hit the Treadmill nice and early before we flew out :) Lilli took us to the airport with Mama to say goodbye!
Mon photo 346m_zpse3950b16.jpg

Armed with snacks incase I couldn't get to anything in a hurry!
Mon photo 346mo_zps778ebed6.jpg

Green tea before we headed off to Brisbane.
Mon photo 347m_zpsb43e5af3.jpg

And morning tea when we were waiting to catch the train to the Gold Coast.... And was that a boring ride!
Mon photo 348m_zps3f9ca95a.jpg
Mon photo 349m_zps3021bc55.jpg

Finally, off to pick up the new car and then headed off to the most anticipated part of the trip!!! The new Burleigh Heads Paleo Cafe!! I fell in LOVE!!!
Mon photo 350m_zps8e2c370a.jpg
Mon photo 351m_zps4745cb6a.jpg

And the only 2 goodie bars that made it home!! Oops! Too yummy!
Mon photo 351mo_zps4e9a498e.jpg

Off to Mr Sushi for Dinner on Monday night and then an Ice cream for dessert!! Only a teeny tiny 1/2 scoop tho! Felt like I had eaten all day. Why is it when you are away, thats all you seem to do!?


Tuesday Morning started with Hill runs! 10 of them. Thanks Aaron and Brent for living on such a great hill ;P And a quick full body session with a 5kg plate weight! See... anything is doable! Just gotta improvise :)
Tues photo 352t_zpsaaebd541.jpg

Green Tea and Oats for breakfast :)
Tues photo 353t_zps5f534483.jpg

Then off to Surfers for a day of shopping and a massage :)
Tues photo 354t_zps7b0c67fd.jpg
Tues photo 355t_zps2acbb479.jpg

Morning tea, Vegie Garden juice and a bliss ball from Boost juice! Broccoli and Tofu salad for lunch :) Loving the variety of Heathly options in the City! But thats about all I love. Too much 'Busy Busy' for me!
Tues photo 356t_zpse9793709.jpg

Then off to Endota for a bit of relaxation and pampering before heading home to get ready for Draculas!
Tues photo 357t_zpsd26a324e.jpg

This is the only photo I got.. As NO photography was allowed! The show was great! I really enjoyed the whole night (after we got through the dread stroking of my hair, the goatee stroking on Adam and the screaming 'Leave your hoodie over your face'!) ;P The food was yummo and the main that I ordered was probably the least healthiest option! But so worth it. A chocolate coffin filled with whipped cream for dessert! OMG... Yum!
Tues photo 358t_zps0fe36301.jpg

Then time for bed... What a jam packed Tuesday!
Tues photo 359t_zps9af8387c.jpg


Big shout out here... Wednesday Morning! Lucas Dane - Happy 7th Birthday Buddy!! Love you shitloads and so so sorry we missed your actual Birthday! You are such a kind hearted, sweet, caring little man and I couldn't be any prouder to call you my Nephew! Hope you had a great day and that our pressies made up for us missing your special day :) And don't worry... I'm sure Mummy won't have anything pink insight at your party ;P
 photo 361we_zps2782f6d9.jpg

Up nice and early to head off to Hervey Bay for the night! But First, I made Adam drive me into the City.. Not Gold Coast city.. BRISBANE at 8.30am so I could try the Paleo cafe there! Love you babe... and I'm sorry it cost us $30 for parking to have a 40 minute breakfast! I really do LOVE you!
Wed photo 360w_zpsff1792aa.jpg

And... It was so completely worth it! (Yep, even the $30 parking fee). I'll let you guess which plate was mine ;P
Wed photo 361w_zps6aadae08.jpg

True inspirational words :)
Wed photo 362w_zps3548826b.jpg

So, I was happy with a Full (clean) belly, off to Eumundi Markets for a few hours! So much to look at, but we spent more on the kids the whole time we were away then on ourselves! The main reason we stopped... I so wanted a green juice like I had last time I visited there. And tried out one of my Paleo protein bars for Lunch, and I wish I bought a whole heap of them :)
Wed photo 363w_zps147fe2c3.jpg

Off to Hervey bay for the night! And then headed home Thursday morning :) Home.... And tried out my Tea I got from the Markets.
Thurs photo 364t_zpsf78b31a6.jpg

Lucie Lou... I know you loved your pressie's we bought back for you :) Such a 'Girl' you are, with your Spiderman shirt, Bonehand hairclip and 'Girly' nerf guns :) Love you baby girl!
Thurs photo 365t_zps1ea03a68.jpg
 photo 364th_zpsf1767049.jpg

Lilli requested a Barbie Lego that she could build with Daddy when he got home! Lucky Daddy ;P
Thurs photo 365th_zps4ad9f459.jpg
Lilli is obsessed with a cartoon and set of books called "The Berenstain Bears" (They are ages old... I remember reading them when I was her age!) So when I found an old book of theirs, I had to get it for her and then I found a pair of handmade shorts with the Berenstain print!!! Needless to say, she nearly wet her pants and LOVES them! Not sure if i'll be getting them off her to wash them!
Thurs photo 365thu_zpsd38bdb10.jpg
 photo 365thurs_zps139f52c0.jpg

A little while ago, Lucas lost his most prized piece of Lego that he put together himself! It was originally a Batman, but he'd put some of his own touches on it! So when he lost it at the Tarvern one night, he was devastated!!! It was originally from a BIG lego set up and we couldn't find a single one on it's own or in a smaller (cheaper) set up! Well.... I am now the best Aunty in the world right now, I found him a BATMAN!!! And a couple of other Birthday 'specials' (including Adventure time PJ's)!
 photo 364thu_zpsd61dd0db.jpg

Thursday night.... Should have really gone to Punchfit, had already missed a full day! But I was so stinking tired! I couldn't even get out of my own way! And Mum had bought over the Chocolates she had hidden for me! Yep... I ate too many of them :(
Thurs photo 365thur_zps382757b6.jpg


Anyway... Soldier on and get right back into it! I've had my timeout, relaxed, ate too much, and enjoyed it!! But, home now and I couldn't have been more excited on Friday morning to be back into routine! It's so good to be in my 'Happy Place'! Fasted walk, Treadmill, Polar watch (which I totally forgot to take away.. I nearly cried), Banana protein pancakes, Green tea and one of my workout buddies (miss ya Shann)!
Thurs photo 366f_zps37850e38.jpg

Full body to get straight back into it! LOVE it :) Missed my 'Normal'!
Thurs photo 367f_zpse3d7e512.jpg


Brings us to today!!! And not only have I blogged and no-one saw it coming... But it's only Saturday! See what happens when nothing is 'expected' of you!

Today, I did my normal fasted walk, then headed downstairs for a Legs and Bum session before heading off to see Nan and Grandad :) But, not before I almost got back into my PJ's and stayed out of everyones way! Lilli has been difficult today! I won't go into detail but while we were visiting Nan and Grandad, she wrote this on the white board...
Sat photo 368s_zpsd5d12b11.jpg


Today also bought a difficult decision that I have been throwing around for a few weeks now. (My big goal). So, you have all probably worked out that it was to compete in a Fitness Comp. Not to win... But to push myself even further, see how much my body can take, how much I can transform myself and how strong my mind is! I am so 'There' right now.... But unfortunately, being so close to the finish of the 10 challenge (Which was more like 12 weeks), I have realised that Lilli and Adam have taken a back seat (missed out a fair bit of my time) and I am not sure how they will cope with me going straight into prepping for a competition.

It's not just hard on 'Me'! It is pressure on the whole Family and while they support everything I do.... I think that I may have more support from them next year when I haven't just finished something else big. I have made my mind up that whether it was going to be this year or next... I WILL compete and I WILL give it my all! :) I know I could have done it this year, but it just isn't the right time. I am happy to wait that little bit longer for something that I have to work so hard for. It makes you appreciate things more. I have worked my arse off for over 20 mths for what I have accomplished now. And I am so grateful I have done it the 'right' way! So stay tuned.... It may be a fair way away, but I will be sure to take you on the 'Fitness Comp' journey through my blogging if you are up for it! God knows, I may need you all to hold me together :)


Tomorrow... I will be celebrating Lucas's Birthday at his little get together. I'm sure it will be a great day, spent with the ones I love... Sometimes the people we love and care for are the ones that suffer the most when we are stressed and focussing on ourselves and life in general! Slow down.... Take a breath and look around at what you have. I am Guilty for it alot more than I realise!

Have a great weekend with the ones that mean the most to you :)





No comments:

Hellooooo...

Welcome to the personal photo blog of Lisa Burston.

Lisa is a 20-something up and coming awesome photographer, mum to the amazing Lilli Grace, and super assistant to Nikki at IPQ Art.