Monday 10 March 2014

ASN 1o Week Challenge update #7 - About to tackle week 3!

Hello, to all that have followed me into week #3! Following pics and posts are from week 2 :)

Sunday was rest day this week (although, we had another Family session with 2 little girls) I'm pretty sure it was at least worth half a cardio session ;P

So onto food for today, yummy feta and spinach omlette for breakfast.
 photo 105_zps577ac376.jpg

And, OMG, the Almond jar was almost empty! So Activating Organic almonds today as well, so I was sorted for the next couple of weeks. Activating Almonds means that you soak them in water overnight (approx 12 hours) which 'fools' them into thinking they are going to 'sprout' bringing all those good enzymes out. Then I drain them and dry them before puting them in the oven on a very low heat for up to 24 hrs. They are the crunchiest, yummiest almonds I have EVER tried!
 photo 106_zpsf8270e0c.jpg

Dinner, was Chicken meat loaf with sweet potato and greens. In the meat loaf went the folling ingredients:
Leek
Kale
Zucchini
Carrot
Parsley
Garlic
Thyme
Rosemary
Spinach
Egg
500gr Chicken mince
Tsp chicken stock

Mix it all in together, put in a loaf tin and in the oven for... hmmmmmm.. I really can't remember but i'm going to say approx 40 mins at 170 degrees. (But cause i'm hopeless, please check every now and then)!
 photo 107_zps8fe64563.jpg
 photo 108_zps69122a0c.jpg

Monday, instead of a fasted walk I thought I'd give some 'slower-paced' exercise a shot.... Yoga App on my phone, lets just say it was 'nice' but not my normal intesity. Off to PT which was a mixture of Legs and TRX Chest exercises at Get Fit Gladstone
 photo 109_zpsbcbc0fff.jpg

Leftovers made into a salad for Luch today!
 photo 112_zps47cffddc.jpg

I also won a 'ASN Selfie' comp that the Gladstone store held over the weekend. Yay me!! I won a gift pack which contained, a gym bag (which I really needed!!), a new shaker and a cool new navy ASN tank! Thanks to all the awesome people at ASN Gladstone!
 photo 110_zps069558b2.jpg
 photo 113_zps12cdfec3.jpg

Took 2 awesome kiddies to yoghurt land while I sat and thought about what i'll have on mine for a 'Cheatmeal' when the weekend comes!!!
 photo 111_zpsa38b63f5.jpg

Finished off Monday like normal with a Punchfit session!


Tuesday started with a fasted walk on incline on the treadmill. A yummy breakfast.....
 photo 114_zps5f8752bf.jpg

Followed up by a Back and Ab's session at home.

Lat pulldowns in front - 25kg x 10reps x 4sets
Lat pulldowns behind - 25kg x 10reps x 4 sets
Single back rows - 10kg dumbells x 15reps x 4 sets
Sitting reverse flys - 5kg dumbells x 10reps x 4 sets

Weighted sit ups and weights obliques.
Side planks and normal planks.


Lunch was a Chicken and Walnut salad!!
 photo 115_zps5d23f266.jpg


Wednesday, started with another fasted treadmill walk :) An awesome banana pancake, topped with Natural yoghurt mixed with protein powder and a tsp of ABC Spread (peanut butter)!
 photo 116_zpsf2601838.jpg

Love Wednesday's, my organics get delivered :) Awesome Avocados this week!
 photo 117_zpsa30cd0d2.jpg

Off to pick up Teagie, so she didn't have to spend another day at home doing 'nothing'!!! So with Lucie in tow... off to the Juice bar for some lunch. Chicken salad for me with the dressing on the side and a Vegetable juice. Beetroot, cucumber, celery, and ginger. Was a yummy lunch with great company!
 photo 119_zpsa806bba3.jpg

Smashed out a Hiit session at Get Fit Wednesday Arv.....
 photo 120_zps1f37e5c3.jpg
 photo 121_zps811d6688.jpg

Home for a lazy dinner... Chicken, spinach and Feta omlette! Still yum and healthy!
 photo 122_zps2d94e509.jpg


Thursday, I was a little slack on photos today! Sorry :p Anyway, PT with Stacy was Upper body for an hour!!! Holy Arms batman! And the normal Punchfit session Thursday night! The only photo for today was my yummy breakfast!

A mini wholemeal mountain wrap, with ABC spread 1/2 banana, and cinnamon, toasted in the sandwich press and topped with the natural yoghurt and protein mix!
 photo 123_zps719df666.jpg


Friday, Fasted walk as usual ;p And a cup of green tea!
 photo 124_zps32c54e4b.jpg

Legs, legs, legs, for Friday session!
 photo 126_zps38e4ec30.jpg

Barbell Front Squats 20kg x 15reps x 4sets
Leg Extension 30kg x 10reps x 4sets
Single leg lunges 5kg dumbells x 10reps x 4sets
Deadlifts 25kg x 15reps x 4sets
Jumping lunges til failure x 2 sets!!! (1st set I got 40, 2nd set I managed 34)

Lunch was Tuna Salad!
 photo 125_zps23a2cc32.jpg

Friday night finished with and awesome Bootcamp session at Get Fit gladstone! Thanks for those extra legs Stace! ;P


Saturday, had been a long awaited day! Was my belated Birthday shopping day with my awesome sisters, niece and awesome Friend in Rocky! But first I went for my usual walk!
 photo 127_zps24eeabc1.jpg

Then to get organised for a 'girly' day!!
 photo 128_zpsad8a2c8e.jpg

And who can go to Rocky without having Hogs Breath for lunch!!! This brings us to my first 'Cheat Meal' in 12 days! I still made it healthy tho! Lite cut steak with Avocado and a garden salad!!
 photo 129_zps9c7e04ca.jpg

And then not so healthy! Pistachio and Plain tart yoghurt topped with almonds, coconut, toasted oats and fruit bursts from yoghurtland. But I can tell you, I enjoyed every bit of my 'Cheat meal'!!
 photo 130_zps81f46e50.jpg

Thank you Girls for an absolutley awesome day out!
 photo 131_zpsac151c9d.jpg

Sunday morning I walked to Bootcamp and got a little 'Dirty' in the drizzle! There were, cammando rolls, stair runs, sprints, squats, wheel barrow races, crab walks and spider crawls, all in the very very 'damp' grass :) All worth it in the end!
 photo 132_zps5203bed9.jpg

But afternoon bootcamp session was nice and 'quiet'..... with some awesome stretches and ab work!


Which brings us to today! I had a quick weigh in this morning to check if i'm all 'on track' and in 2 weeks, have had a total loss of 4 kgs, and 1.3% body fat! below is a progress photo... and although I am wearing different clothes, I think I can see a difference! :)
 photo 133_zps5052428f.jpg

See..... hard work pays off! Stick at it guys! This journey has taken me over 18 mths! I have had my ups, downs, good days and BAD ones! Sometimes I really feel like throwing it all in and then I remember why I started in the first place! I want to be happy, healthy, and live a longer life! I want to see Lilli grow up, and join in with her at sports and playing in the back yard. I want to set an example of a healthy lifestyle for HER! I WILL be the best I can be, even if I fail sometimes!


Thank you all for sticking with me! Have a happy and healthy week ahead :)

And by the way, I can tick off one of my goals for this challenge! 'To motivate just 1 more person to become a healthier version of themselves'!



No comments:

Hellooooo...

Welcome to the personal photo blog of Lisa Burston.

Lisa is a 20-something up and coming awesome photographer, mum to the amazing Lilli Grace, and super assistant to Nikki at IPQ Art.