Sunday 23 March 2014

ASN 10 week challenge update #9 - About to head into the 'Half way' week!!! #5 already!

Happy Sunday all.... Hope you've all had a great weekend :)

I don't know about all of you (I say that, like I have 1000 followers ;p... LOL) but I find that when Sunday gets here, I just want something easy for dinner! No bloody hot roasts in this house, you can be sure of that unless I'm trying to 'impress' someone.... But who am I trying to kid, I never get visitors so we're all good. Quick and easy Sunday dinners are the way to go.

So instead of take away and to keep it Healthy and 'clean' my 'go-to' Sunday dinner is usually and omlette packed with protein and greens :)
Sun photo 156s_zps686774ae.jpg


Monday, PT full body work out :) 536 Calories burnt (Thank goodness! I missed boxing and had too much of a 'cheat' afternoon) :( Anyway, we're all back on track and in a good headspace again!

Monday Breakfast, I cut open one of those yummy Dragon fruits I posted last week! I had it with Natural yoghurt, topped with Oats, Coconut, Chia, Maca, Raisins (very few), and Cacao.
Mon photo 158m_zps67ad90a6.jpg
Mon photo 157m_zpsec160bbe.jpg


Bring on a better day for Tuesday. Fasted Cardio on the incline treadmill followed up by a Full body weights session at home in the morning!

Bicep Curls with the bar - 15kg x 15 x 4 sets
Single Back Rows w/ Dumbells - 10kg DB x 10 x 4 sets
Incline Chest Flys w/ Dumbells - 5kg DB x 15 x 4 sets
Tricep Cable Pulldowns - 15kg x 10 x 4 sets
Upright Row w/ Dumbells - 5kg DB x 15 x 4 sets
Weighted Squats - 20kg x 20 x 4 sets
Deadlifts - 20kg x 20 x 4 sets

After my session, I decided that I'd try on a pair of jeans that I purchased 10 years ago when I was at my smallest (but not my fittest)! Back when I bought them, I had a muffin top and they were tight... Today, I surprised myself :)
Tues photo 160t_zps84e3d62e.jpg

Lunch - Coconut sweet lip, sweet potato and broccoli.
Tues photo 161t_zps1a991a29.jpg

Tuesday afternoon, I put together a 'Tabata' session for some High Intensity Cardio :) So basically, the timer goes for 45 seconds (working time) and 15 secs (rest time) x 8 rounds of the same exercise. Then we do it another 2 times :) So, 3 sets all up.. takes approximately half an hour! Done and dusted in no time! And a total of 309 Calories burnt in under 30 mins.

1st Round:
20 Jab/Cross' on the boxing bag, 20 Shuffles, repeat until the timer is up!

2nd Round:
Pendulum Swings (double hop in the middle)

3rd Round:
Squat kicks

Dinner was left overs from lunch. Coconut sweet lip with brown rice and greens! :) Yummo!
Mon photo 159m_zps64f5c08f.jpg


Wednesday started pretty much like Tuesday! Fasted Cardio and another Full body workout:

Concentration Curls in a Squat - 6kg DB x 12 x 4 sets
Lat Pulldowns - 22.5kg x 10 x 4 sets
Incline Chest Press - 20kg x 10 x 4 sets (Last set, pushed out 20 reps)
Skull Crushers - 10kg x 15 x 4 sets
Front Arm Raisers - 5kg DB x 30 x 4 sets
Weighted Pulsing Lunges - 5kg DB x 30 x 4 sets
Weighted Sit ups - 7.5kg x 20 x 4 sets
Weighted Obliques - 7.5kg x 20 x 4 sets

Wednesday, I normally do a HIIT class at Get Fit Gladstone but it was cancelled. I was heading out to dinner that night to Celebrate a Birthday anyway. So, as I am so used to doing that class, I chucked together another Tabata (same as Hiit) class before I went out. 310 Calories Burnt in this session :)

1st Round:
20 Shuffles / 10 Star Jumps

2nd Round:
20 High Knees / 20 Butt Kicks

3rd Round:
10 Plank Knee taps to the ground / 10 Plank knee taps to the side (obliques).

I finished my plank taps and just thought i'd stay there for a little longer!
Wed photo 162w_zps8b16e78a.jpg

Finally made it upstairs to get organised for dinner :)
Wed photo 163w_zps6be656e9.jpg

I didn't take a photo (cause, I'm slack) but I had the Salmon (suprise, suprise) with steamed Veges! Home by 9pm for an early night.


Thursday PT was another Full Body... Muscles were hurting a little today but just pushed through it :)
Photos are of TRX Back rows for 1 minute rounds, super setted with shoulder press
Thurs photo 165t_zps18584fb0.jpg
Thurs photo 166t_zps86bd9a70.jpg

And one of the Abdominal exercises to finish it off.
Thurs photo 164t_zps06c1eac8.jpg

Finished of Thursday with Cardio Boxing at Get Fit Gladstone :) Lots of fun and a great full body cardio session :) And home to Lemon, Thyme, Rosemary oven baked chicken with greens.
Thurs photo 167t_zps8b6ce82c.jpg


Adam finished one of the shutdowns on Thursday morning with a few nights off!! So I got to actually walk 'outside' on Friday morning as he was home to watch Lilli! And, sure enough... it was starting to rain, but I didn't care! I had some pre workout, got dressed, grabbed my hot pink 1D ear phones (Lilli's, as I have lost my white ones). She still doesn't know I borrowed them, thank god ;P Turned on my Lorna Jane 'walk' app... I like to know how far I walk and how many km's per hour I do, and just to compare with past walks.
Fri photo 168f_zpsf8c442d4.jpg

So I'm walking along enjoying the fresh air, sprinkle of rain, my music.... and, thinking 'Lorna' normally talks to me by now, telling my how far I have travelled, so I check my phone only to have this message....
Fri photo 171f_zps8c991620.jpg

Whoops, It must have hit pause 28 seconds from my driveway ;P

Oh well, finished off my walk and headed home for my favourite breakfast! Banana Protein Pancakes with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Fri photo 169f_zpsbf17c806.jpg

Off to the ENT specialst with Lilli and YAY!!! NO OPERATION needed!

Did the quickest legs/abs session after school drop off! Wasn't feeling in the 'mood'. It was 30 mins! LOL..... but better than nothing!

Leg extension
Weighted Squats
Leg curls
Oblique Taps
Crunches

Friday Lunch - Feta, Walnut, Chicken salad!
Fri photo 170f_zps2de9ee40.jpg

Friday Night was full of Pink and Red at the school disco for Anti-bullying! The kids had a ball and I even found something Pink in my cupboard to wear.
 photo 172f_zpsa9faa60b.jpg


Saturday started with my very first Crossfit Session! OMG... I had NO idea what I was in for but to my suprise, I LOVED every minute of it and will be going back!!! Thanks Stace for the invite to come try it out with you on your Birthday!!! And to all the amazing coaches down at Crossfit Gladstone on Chapple street for such and awesome set up and great motivation and atmosphere!
Sat photo 177_zps5e5c8103.jpg

Need some good clean food after that session... Lunch was Brown rice, spinach, tuna, cottage cheese, avocado, topped with walnuts!
Sat photo 178_zps3e7a438c.jpg

I'm so sorry for all the 'selfies' this week!! I need to take more of my food for you all :) Anyway, week 4 down and I thought i'd post some proper progress photos.
Sat photo 174_zpsa7000cef.jpg
Sat photo 175_zpsdb280cdf.jpg
 photo 176_zps5b6b6b48.jpg

I was hoping for a little more of a 'difference' but I'm getting there! Slow and steady :)

Feeling like something sweet for afternoon tea Saturday, so I used some Natural yoghurt, Choc protein powder, mixed together, stuck it in the freezer for 20 minutes, sprinkled with a little Cacao... and I had clean chocolate!
 photo 173s_zps10bf9136.jpg

Thats brings us to end of week #4! Hope you have all had a great week!

Just wanted to give a special shout out to my Sister Kylie (who has been working hard to lead a healthier lifestyle) and this week has given up diet coke after many many years of drinking up to 6 litres a day!!! So totally proud of you! Keep it up!

Hope you all have an awesome week ahead!! Remember, 1 healthy change is better than nothing :) See you all next week!

Thanks again for following :)

No comments:

Hellooooo...

Welcome to the personal photo blog of Lisa Burston.

Lisa is a 20-something up and coming awesome photographer, mum to the amazing Lilli Grace, and super assistant to Nikki at IPQ Art.