Saturday 1 February 2014

10 Week Challenge update #2

Hey Guys!!! Hope everyone that was in the line of cyclone Dylan, is safe and not too wet and windy for you all!

Just some pics to update you on the rest of my week!

Tuesday we had a 'Throw to-gether' dinner - Leek and Fetta Fritatta! Below is what I put in it!

White part of a Leek, finely chopped , Clove Garlic finely chopped (Saute both in a teeny bit of Olive oil)
1 sml Parsnip grated
1 sml Carrot grated
1 Zucchini grated (make sure you squeeze out the excess water)
Handful of Spinach, chopped or torn up
5 eggs
I used sml tub of Sour cream (all i had) but you could also use normal cream.
Chopped up Ham
Mix all together in bowl with salt and pepper, I also chucked in a shake of dried rosemary and thyme.
Pour mixture into a baking dish.
Chop Chives and Crumble feta on top. Cook approx 1/2 until 'firm' in middle. It's even better cold the next day!
33 photo 33_zpsa6625070.jpg

Wednesday was my awesome Sisters birthday! So we went to lunch, I ordered the Salmon (and it was huge) and vegetables! No dessert, which I am so completely proud of myself as I am a sucker for baked cheesecake, and yes, it was on the menu. One of our Friends (who was sitting beside me), ordered it!!! OMG, it looked freaking amazing! That afternoon, although I ordered quite 'heathly' I felt a little 'off' so Lilli and I went for a walk/ride to the shop for a handful of things. A couple of mths ago, I would have just jumped in the car and driven to the shop. But these days I prefer to get Lilli out for some fresh air!
34 photo 34_zps0e081a87.jpg

Thursday is normally a PT session for myself, straight after school drop off. But Lilli woke up with a sore ear and headache so no school for her, and no PT for me :( I set her up with a movie and some panadol for the pain and pumped out Quick legs session downstairs and some housework. There is always a way around something! (Most times)
35 photo 35_zps240ea2c8.jpg

Dinner 'prepped' for Adam to cook for me before I get home from Thursday night Punchfit!
36 photo 36_zpsc65e1f1e.jpg

Friday was a bit wet and windy!!! So no outside exercise or walk. But I did smash out a Punchfit session with Teags!
37 photo 37_zpsce7dc24e.jpg

Some healthy carbs, protein, greens and fat for lunch! Brown rice, Tuna, Spinach and Avocado.
41 photo 41_zps416cf0a2.jpg

Friday night..... Arhhhhhh, sweet craving like crazy! I caved, handful of lollies! Blah! Anyway, 'Tomorrow is a new day'! Sometimes I think it's better to cave at the craving you have then and there, instead of ignoring it and going crazy nuts, eating every sweet thing in site!!! (Except, when I'll be in the middle of the Challenge, I will have to find a different alternative). After all, we are all Human!

Saturday, as much as I LOVE the rain, I was hoping it had eased just a little for a morning walk, but nope! I was having a moment, Treadmill broken, raining, windy, didn't want to ride the bike! So.... 'JUST FREAKING DO IT LISA' (You ate lollies last night!). A scoop of my favourite pre workout, a healthy breakfast (Banana protein pancake) ..... And, Downstairs for an upper body session! Smashed it :) Finally starting to see some little changes in my arms! Some little muscles, Yay!

39 photo 39_zps843b4e5e.jpg
38 photo 38_zpsac5fa497.jpg
40 photo 40_zps0d2ccdee.jpg

For those that are interested.... Banana pancakes contain:
1 Medium mashed Banana
1 Egg
1/2 tsp natural peanut butter
1/3 scoop of vanilla protein powder (optional).
Whisk all together and pour into fry pan! Flip. Sprinkle with cinnamon! YUMMO!!!!

Thinking of a rest day tomorrow....... And If the rain hangs around for a few more days that is totally fine with me.... Adam just fixed my Treadmill and it is working like new! Yay!
 photo 42_zpsd01f4ab1.jpg

Hope everyone has a great Week ahead and I'll see you back here next week! ;p

No comments:

Hellooooo...

Welcome to the personal photo blog of Lisa Burston.

Lisa is a 20-something up and coming awesome photographer, mum to the amazing Lilli Grace, and super assistant to Nikki at IPQ Art.