Sunday 9 February 2014

10 Week Challenge update #3

Welcome back!!!

I feel like its been a crazy fast week! I still have a million things to do before next week (Tomorrow!) And to be honest, It's been a little bit of a crap weekend regards to my eating :( But on the bright side, 'Before' photos are being uploaded today and that means I'm on a mission, starting right this minute to 'Transform' the body I have right now.

Anyway, Sunday breakfast was Chia pudding with a little muesli, seeds and blueberries! Yummo! Then I was on a mission to make some protein balls that in actual fact work better as a protein slice ;P
 photo 45_zpsf506c8f9.jpg
 photo 46_zps2b725729.jpg

1 1/2 CUPS RAW ALMONDS
2 Tbs RAW CACAO
2-3 Tbs CHIA SEEDS
10-12 FRESH DATES PITTED
1 TBLSP VANILLA EXTRACT (I use Vanilla Paste)
1/2 TSP GROUND CINNAMON
COCONUT OIL/BUTTER (AS NEEDED AND MAY NEED SOFTENING FIRST)
EXTRA ALMONDS (GROUND), COCONUT OR CACAO TO ROLL)

• ADD THE ALMONDS, PROTEIN, CACAO & CINNAMON TO FOOD PROCESSOR AND BLEND UNTIL CRUMBLY MIXTURE.
• ADD DATES, VANILLA AND PROCESS AGAIN.
• SLOWLY ADD A SMALL AMOUNT OF COCONUT OIL AND BLEND TILL MIX COMES TOGETHER.
• ROLL APPROX 2 TSPS OF MIX INTO A BALL THEN ROLL IN YOUR CHOICE OF COCONUT ETC
• STORE COVERED IN FRIDGE
• MAKES APPROX 15 BALLS.

OTHER AWESOME THINGS TO ADD ARE:
GROUND PEPITAS
GROUND HEMP SEEDS
MACA POWDER


Sunday was a 'Rest' day but when you have a energetic 5 year old, something has to be 'done'. So off for a casual walk/scooter ride at the marina :)
 photo 43_zpscb7149f4.jpg
 photo 44_zps6376c46a.jpg

Monday I completed my normal PT session, but I didn't get to boxing cause I wasn't feeling the best! I've taken L-Carnitine for a while now and I have just purchased a new brand, which unfortunatley gives me horrible heartburn!! I also ate tomato on Monday, so with the acidity of the tomato mixed with the L-Carnitine... My insides felt like they were on fire!!! So that was my 'No Boxing' excuse :) I couldn't even stomach dinner, so it was 'prepped' for Lunch the next day for Adam and I! I did manage to get a protein shake in! At least it was something.
 photo 47_zps582e2825.jpg

Tuesday, I jumped on the Treadmill for a Fasted walk nice and early before lunches had to be made and the 'Crazy' school morning begins! After school drop off, I got carried away with a 1 1/2 hr long Cardio/Leg session!
 photo 48_zpsd26e033b.jpg


Wednesday, had an appt but followed that up with an Arms session. That Afternoon, i was feeling energetic still so smashed out a Hiit Fit session with Stacy at Get Fit Gladstone :) Then i was feeling a little tired so dinner was 'easy'! Omlette :)
 photo 49_zps9b074e27.jpg
 photo 51_zps45acbac6.jpg


Thursday, PT session was hard..... There is a 'Record' time at Get Fit on the spin bike. It was 5km's in 8 mins 58 secs. I hadn't given it a crack yet so it was my turn. After a little warming up of the legs it was time to see if I could beat it. OMG, I nearly died and I seriously didn't think I could beat it! If I didn't have Stacy yelling in my ear 'You can do this, DON'T GIVE UP' and for the small group of girls I train with yelling 'motivation' at me, I could have easily 'given up'! My throat and chest were burning from breathing so hard, heart rate was sitting at 185, sweat dripping off my face, head was pounding as I didn't want to look up at the screen, legs were sore but I just 'kept going'! 3....2....1..... and I stoped, waiting to hear a time over 9 mins but I didn't! I completed the 5km Spin Bike challenge in 8 mins 32secs! Smashed it by 26 seconds :) What a great start to my Thursday! Now to wait and see if I get beaten, I'm sure it'll happen!
 photo 52_zps6fc85cc6.jpg

Finished it off with some 'Teamwork' Ab's! And then a fun Boxing session Thursday night
 photo 53_zps2c37ecc4.jpg

Friday morning started with a Punchfit cardio session at Get Fit :) The afternoon ended badly (foodwise). Took Lilli to the Hungry cow to finish of her 2nd week of prep with a yummy Milkshake and a mini choc cupcake!! Will power caved, and Mummy also had the same! Oh well, shit happens and what can you do? Just get back up and keep on going :)
 photo 54_zpsd5df785d.jpg

Teags also took my 'Before' photos today! I wasn't going to post them but thats why these posts exist and the reason we are all here! As hard as I have worked these last 16 mths, there is still so much to do! So my before photos...... Which i am still uncomfortable about :( Why do we look much better in clothes!?
57 photo 57_zpsa3b41970.jpg

Dinner, from one night this week...... (Can't remember when we had it!) Roast Veg and Quinoa Salad. Lemon and Herb Sweet lip and prawns! Was yummy!
 photo 50_zps03621299.jpg

The salad -
Cook Quinoa according to the packet. 'Tip - Rinse really well and add to pot without water to 'toast' a little before adding water to cook'
Roast assorted vegies in the oven on baking paper. I use, sweet potato, zucchini, broccoli, garlic, leek, carrot, parsnip.
Once both quinoa and Vegies are cooked, put vegies into the Quinoa pot and toss gently. Then stir through the dressing :)

Dressing - (I just add til it's tastes right! - I'm hopeless as measuring)
Dijon Mustard
Lemon Juice
A little vinegar
Olive oil

Saturday morning started with a 5.30am walk and a beautiful Sunrise! In my new tights!! And home for a protein packed Banana piklet stack! :)
 photo 55_zps782ceed7.jpg
 photo 56_zps8fced833.jpg

Bring on the challenging week ahead as I prepare myself more for the 'Official' challenge start date! More changes to happen this week! Stay tuned! See you all next week! (without the choc cupcake and milkshake post!) ;P



No comments:

Hellooooo...

Welcome to the personal photo blog of Lisa Burston.

Lisa is a 20-something up and coming awesome photographer, mum to the amazing Lilli Grace, and super assistant to Nikki at IPQ Art.